On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Paul Lussier wrote:
> I expect Unicode to supercede ASCII about the same time IPv6 supercedes
> IPv4.  Actually, to make the transition go smoothly, they will probably
> implement both simultaneously.
>
> I expect to pushing up daisies long before either happen.

  Like I said, nothing works to fuel demand like 4/5ths of the world's
population demanding something.  We've been "lucky" (depending your POV) so
far in that most of the people who want to use computers have spoken
English, at least as a secondary language.  That will change.  I expect the
fallout will make The Great Renaming look like 'mv foo bar'.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>