On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 23:59, Ken Ambrose wrote:
> On a note having absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with flat panels, I
> just want to pipe up and say that Squirrel Mail (currently at v. 1.25)
> rocks.  If any of you are looking for a powerful web-based interface to
> your IMAP (and, with the proper plugin, even your POP) e-mail server, I
> strongly suggest you check out http://www.squirrelmail.org.

I use webmail to read my home e-mail from work all the time. I used to
use IMP, but it started to annoy me (bad line wrapping, dependancies,
etc.). I used squirrel-mail for a few weeks, and I have to agree. It was
rock solid, and there were a ton of features in the core, and at the
time, there were about 50 or so plugins for additional features (many of
the plugins are added to the core on a regular basis apparently). In the
interest of research, I recently moved on to a system called TWIG
(http://twig.screwdriver.net). It is more of a groupware suite, with
calendar, todo, contacts, e-mail, etc. Also a good performer (written in
PHP), and lot's of features plus plugins. It's more suited for a work
environment, which is why I'm looking at it. However, all in all, it's a
great app.

C-Ya,
Kenny
"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCB254DD0

  • Re: Fun GNOME E... Derek D. Martin
    • Re: Fun GN... plussier
      • Re: Fu... Paul Iadonisi
        • Re... Ken Ambrose
          • ... Paul Iadonisi
            • ... Benjamin Scott
          • ... Ben Boulanger
            • ... Ben Boulanger
            • ... Ken Ambrose
            • ... Ken Ambrose
            • ... Kenneth E. Lussier
            • ... Ken Ambrose
            • ... Kenneth E. Lussier
          • ... plussier
            • ... Richard Soule
            • ... Ken Ambrose
            • ... plussier
            • ... Jon 'maddog' Hall, Executive Director, Linux International
            • ... Bill Freeman