In a message dated: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 18:07:36 PDT
Ken Ambrose said:

>- the 1600sw has a funky resolution of 1600x1024 that most digital
>  video cards don't support, and
>- even if it were supported by the hardware, XFree86 would still have
>  to know about it.  Non-trivial.)

Ahhhm, XFree86 knows about my monitor just fine.  Or am I missing
your point here?

>It's still the nicest LCD panel I've ever seen;

Ayup!  Me too! It's painful to go to work in the morning, knowing I'm
stuck with a sucky monitor there.  Hmmm, maybe I'll make that a
stipulation when the economy picks up.  I want 4 weeks vacation AND
an SGI 1600SW monitor :)

>if there were cards that were supported by Linux that drove those new
>Apple displays, I might be tempted, though.

That might not be too far off.  My understanding was that the company
who was making those monitors was under exclusive contract to Apple
for only a finite period of time, and that expired last year some
time.  We could start seeing them in the near future.

>Well, that, and if RH has another IPO.  :(

I'd just settle to see their stock jump up 10 or so points :)

--

Seeya,
Paul

          • ... Ken Ambrose
            • ... Paul Iadonisi
              • ... Benjamin Scott
            • ... Ben Boulanger
              • ... Ben Boulanger
              • ... Ken Ambrose
              • ... Ken Ambrose
              • ... Kenneth E. Lussier
              • ... Ken Ambrose
              • ... Kenneth E. Lussier
            • ... plussier
              • ... Richard Soule
              • ... Ken Ambrose
              • ... plussier
              • ... Jon 'maddog' Hall, Executive Director, Linux International
              • ... Bill Freeman
              • ... Jon 'maddog' Hall, Executive Director, Linux International
              • ... Benjamin Scott
              • ... Rich Cloutier
  • Re: Fun GNOME E... Cole Tuininga