In a message dated: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:27:59 EDT
Bill Sconce said:

>(Is a message board at all like a wiki?)

You know, this whole wiki thing is one of those areas that I just
don't get.  Bruce has shown us Twiki at a MELBA meeting, I've poked
around on our wiki that Bruce has set up, and a few others, and I
*still* don't get it.

What is it that people find so useful about these things?  I find
them more confusing and irritating than anything, and I'm sure it's
because I just don't understand how they're *supposed* to be used.

To me, FAQ-O-Matic is far more useful; it's hierarchical, it's quite
structured, and can be used to disseminate information in a very
straightforward and logical manner.  I don't see that with wikis.

And no, FAQ-O-Matic is not just restricted to FAQs or Q&A form, you
can use it however you wish.

Can someone please explain to me what I'm missing about wikis?
I'd really like to understand it, especially if I can use it to my
advantage :)

Thanks!
--

Seeya,