    Han-Wen> I am still not sure if I like the black background,
    Han-Wen> though

well, it's just an idea; i'm not married to it.  :)  i just changed it
to white.

    Han-Wen> {I,You} can make the image at any scale; see
    Han-Wen> bin/ps-to-gif.sh in the Lilypond package

hmmmm...  why doesn't this get installed with the rpm?  and there's a
mudela-mode.el?!  the things you find when you get the tarball!

    jeff> han-wen, could you give me some idea of how you're making
    jeff> the homepage now?

    Han-Wen> You build and install LilyPond, then do
    Han-Wen>    make website
    Han-Wen> You also have to set some environment vars; I forgot
    Han-Wen> which ones.

anybody remember?  i did

./configure
make
make website

and it stopped with this:

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ly2dvi -o out-www  example-1.fly
ly2dvi.sh 0.11.hwn1
GNU LilyPond 0.1.68/FlowerLib 1.1.43.
warning: can't find file: `init.fly'

/usr/bin/ly2dvi: : Ambiguous redirect
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (C version 6.1)
LaTeX2e <1996/12/01> patch level 1
Babel <v3.6h> and hyphenation patterns for american, german, loaded.

! Emergency stop.
<*> \nonstopmode \input

No pages of output.
Transcript written on texput.log.
make[1]: *** [out-www/example-1.dvi] Error 5
make[1]: Leaving directory `/disk1/tmp/lilypond-0.1.69/input'
make: *** [examples] Error 2
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually, now that i think about it, ever since i upgraded to the
0.1.68 rpm, lilypond always complains that it can't find files.

$lilypond
GNU LilyPond 0.1.68/FlowerLib 1.1.43.
warning: can't find file: `init.ly'

my workaround has just been to
ln -s /usr/share/lilypond/* .
in whatever directory i was working in.

ah, just checked the man page and found this is what i'm supposed to
do:

$export LILYINCLUDE=/usr/share/lilypond/

i'll add this to my ~/.bashrc.  what causes this to break between
various rpms (i've had the same trouble in the past)?

running make website again now; i think it's going to work this time.