On Thursday, 13 August 1998, "Jeffrey B. Reed" writes:

> |> 2. I propose a python version of ly2dvi called ly2dvi32.py.  This will
> |>    allow Window's folks to generate music with titles and the like.
> |
> |I would like  to propose to redo ly2dvi in python completely.  It
> |doesn't make sense to have a sh script around when a working .py
> |script is there.
>
> Jan, What do you think of this?

Something like: I could have said it myself.
Python is a real language; you don't have to worry about echo/echo -e,
count backslashes in sed subst strings, etc.

But there's one disclaimer from my side too, ly2dvi was mostly written
by Jan Arne.  I really liked that: it's a very useful contribution that
i almost not need to worry about.  It would be appropriate to have his
opinion on this, too.

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/lilypond