Hi there,

Yes, the bug is deterministic: for the same input
it always produces the same output. However, the
function is very complex (for me!) - there are
lots of different variations of the input which
produce the error, and lots which don't. Mostly
I tried commenting out a few bars of notes or
lyrics - in some cases it stopped the error, in
other cases not.

I have been using the 1.1.26 rpm package, so that
might explain why you don't get the error. Now
that there is a 1.1.34 rpm (thanks!), I will try
that.

By the way, I have had some trouble making 1.1.33
from the tar.gz. Even though I have installed the
guile-1.3-2.rpm and guile-devel-1.3-2.rpm, I don't
seem to have /usr/bin/guile-config. This means that
the lilypond/configure script doesn't run. I will
try the /gnu/guile-1.3.tar.gz version, to see if
that works any better.

Thanks for your help.

John.

--
Dr John Yesberg               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
TCS Group, ITD, DSTO.                     Ph:  +61 8 8259 5728