[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Yes, the bug is deterministic: for the same input
> it always produces the same output. However, the
> function is very complex (for me!) - there are
> lots of different variations of the input which
> produce the error, and lots which don't.

pure virtual method called *always* indicates memory corruption, and I
don't think the corruption is caused by Lilypond. So there must be
something else corrupting memory.

> I have been using the 1.1.26 rpm package, so that
> might explain why you don't get the error. Now
> that there is a 1.1.34 rpm (thanks!), I will try
> that.
>
> By the way, I have had some trouble making 1.1.33
> from the tar.gz. Even though I have installed the
> guile-1.3-2.rpm and guile-devel-1.3-2.rpm, I don't
> seem to have /usr/bin/guile-config. This means that
> the lilypond/configure script doesn't run. I will
> try the /gnu/guile-1.3.tar.gz version, to see if
> that works any better.

You need guile-config as it was produced during the RPM run.  Build
the RPM from source (.src.rpm), and  use the guile-config that is in
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/guile-1.3/guile-config.