> > I couldn't figure out extenders.  What do I do if I want to have the
> > lyric "foo____________________" where the long line extends over
> > several notes?
>
> What about:
>
> \score{
>         <
>         \type Staff \notes { c  ~ c ~ c ~ c }
>         \type Lyrics \lyrics { bla2. __ _ }
>         >
> }

Ok.  I understand now.  Is the implementation correct?  (I just don't
know the answer to this.)  Which is right:

   o    o     o     o
  foo__________     bar

   o    o     o     o
  foo______________ bar

(LilyPond produces the 2nd one.)

Another question:  (I'm using version 1.1.8)

foobar.ly:4:38: warning: unterminated extender:
        \type Lyrics \lyrics { bla1 __
                                        }

Is it really desireable to bind these extenders to the next lyric?  It
seems odd to have to write a blank note as in the example above.  If I
want my music to end with an extender, I should just be able to write
"bla1 __"

And lilypond should produce either

   o    o     o     o

or