On Sunday, 6 December 1998, Jan Nieuwenhuizen writes:
> On Friday, 4 December 1998, Adrian Mariano writes:

> >    o    o     o     o
> >   foo__________     bar
> >

> >    o    o     o     o
> >   foo______________ bar
> >

> > (LilyPond produces the 2nd one.)
>
> That depends on the slurred/tied notes above the text.
> Because the "bar" is of no importance to the extender,
> both examples could be equal.
>
> The extender should extend until the start of the last note
> of the melissima.

I take that back.  This is the clear rule that [gerou96] gives,
but browsing through [wanske], i see extenders that extend for
the full length of the melissima.  I can't seem to find and don't
rememer [wanske] to say something explicit about this...

Anyway, the current implementation of extenders in Lily allows
for either notation.

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/lilypond