[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Somewhere on the FAQ you put gnu-misc-discuss instead of
> gnu-music-discuss.

Thanks.

>Also I can answer the sheet music copyright one, having looked into this a
>lot myself because I'm partially sighted and need to enlarge music:

So can I put this into the FAQ ?

> 3.  In some countries, the same applies for editions.  This could be

Do you know what countries?

> 5.  The copyright of the printed page is held by the publisher for 30
> years after printing (25 in some countries).  This stops you from

This is nice to know.  One question still remains: how do you find out
when an edition is printed?  A lot of the sheet music I know does not
carry (c) signs.

> you can do whatever it is you're trying to do.  Some will respond more
> readily than others, but anything that they say will override any
> copyright that they held.

Nitpicking: not the copyright is overriden (whatever they say, the
composers will continue to hold the copyright), but the copying
restrictions they impose on us.