    Maarten> \score { \notes{ s1 \break s1 \break }

beautiful; thanks!

another thought:  is there any way to tell lily not to print a clef on
each line, so this blank paper could be used to write music for
whatever instrument(s) i like?

    Maarten> By the way, why should you write music manually. There is
    Maarten> an excelent music type setting program. It's even
    Maarten> free. It called LilyPond...

yes, i believe i've heard of it.  :-)

but it's a bit tiresome to drag my computer down to school to use when
i need to write out something for a student.  and i don't want to drag
it out to the state park with me (wish i had the money for a laptop).
and most importantly, if i'm just trying to jot down an idea, by the
time i typed it up in mudela, i would have forgotten it.  it's the
same reason i don't take notes on a computer; it's not easy to draw
circles around things and arrows connecting one thing to another, etc.

| jeff covey [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://pobox.com/~jeff.covey/ 410-669-4926 |
|                       home is where the house is.                          |