On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 10:54:13PM -0500, jeff covey wrote:
>     Maarten> By the way, why should you write music manually. There is
>     Maarten> an excelent music type setting program. It's even
>     Maarten> free. It called LilyPond...
>
> yes, i believe i've heard of it.  :-)

Hello Jeff,

This may be a little bit off-topic, but I recalled that while I was playing
with PageMaker trying to layout some pages for our Yearbook, I tried using
it to typeset a blank music sheet, and it is easy and works great!  :-)
Just draw a horizontal line, and do a multiple paste (4 times) to get a
system, and then select the whole system and multiple-paste it 8 times or
whatever.  There.  :-)

And it probably would be quite simple to do for someone who knows PostScript
programming.  A TeXpert might be able to do it too.  But yeah, it would be
neat if there is a way to do it easily in LilyPond too.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony