I have uploaded a slightly improved alpha version of the mutopia website to the
same place as last time:

http://members.xoom.com/chrissawer/mutopia.html

Unfortunately due mainly to problems with ps2pdf (the version supplied with
Ghostscript 5.10 doesn't seem to work - has anyone used it successfully with
Lilypond?) the ly, ps + pdf files still aren't up. I think the graphical
section for each piece of music looks reasonable now, though.

The next major step is to write the search / display algorithms - I now have
access to a cgi-bin on a server, so can begin to write this. It will be
difficult to test, however, without a larger amount of music. This shouldn't be
a problem as there is a reasonable amount already distributed with Lilypond in
the Mutopia directory. Obviously the Mutopia site needs to be kept up to date
when it finally appears, but will all of Mutopia still be distributed with
Lilypond? In short, am I going to take over management of the archive of music
or will Han-Wen continue to do this? When this is sorted out we can ask anyone
who has contributed to Mutopia so far to send any updates to the appropriate
person and I can start adding the music to the website.

Please - don't send me any updates yet until Han-Wen has said who is going to
be in charge of the definitive Mutopia archive.

It's probably sensible for me not to put any ps, pdf or ly files up on the
website until we've sorted out the copyright situation on this mailing list.
There's no rush, however as I've got plenty to do designing the rest of the
site!

Chris

--

Chris Sawer - Sussex, England - [EMAIL PROTECTED]