Hi Chris,

Thanks for contributing your time towards mutopia. I
have some comments which you and other readers may wish
to consider:

1. Not all music will be piano score. Consider string
   quartets, choral, and solo instruments. It may not
   be possible to give a useful preview in the smallish
   box you have proposed on your prototype page.

2. I don't see any value in the highly graphical nature
   of the information. It takes longer to download, and
   takes up more space on the screen, without (IMHO)
   adding much value. Perhaps you could have a text
   listing, with a hyperlinked "preview" graphic. That
   would probably suit me more. It may also facilitate
   using a browser's search capability (eg. Search for
   "Beethoven" in this page).

3. The descriptor  "classical" means different things
   to different people. Your two examples are probably
   both classical and Classical. I'm doubt that this
   will really cause much confusion to the target market,
   but maybe a date (either of composition or composer's
   birth) could reduce ambiguity.

4. Is there any sort of aim to make a high quality catalog,
   such as one finds in a (decent) library? If so, it might
   be useful to consider database schema at this early
   stage, before there is too much "re-work" required. For
   example, do you want to store Opus and Number fields,
   have consistent spellings of Tchaikowsky and Chaikovsky,
   etc.

5. Maybe your page should include a link to the lilypond
   site!

Good luck,

John.
--
Dr John Yesberg               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
TCS Group, ITD, DSTO.                     Ph:  +61 8 8259 5728