[this got forwarded to me as the list maintainer because it was sent
from root - drl]

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 07:22:27 -0400
From: Joshua Thielen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Development questions

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a lilypond development discussion
group, and if so are patches accepted? (Not that I have any right now.)
I'm interested in possibly using lilypond to create plugins for Netscape
and MSIE to view NIFF files. Has anyone discussed creating a free viewer
for NIFF or SMDL? This would be a big step forward towards the
proliferation of free sheet music. I think lilypond would have to be
modified to be much smaller, and be less dependant on other programs in
order for a plugin to be effective. I was thinking I might just use some
of the code from lilypond but not all of it.

Thanks a ton,
Joshua