[live from italy]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > I'm interested in possibly using lilypond to create plugins for Netscape
> > and MSIE to view NIFF files. Has anyone discussed creating a free viewer
> > for NIFF or SMDL? This would be a big step forward towards the
>
> Uhm, that certainly is a new point of view.  I'm afraid you're

It should not be very difficult to do: you have to write a niff2mudela
convertor, which shouldn't be that hard, since NIFF contains all
musical information (and a lot of typesetting junk you can throw
away).

You then write a script that runms the niff through the convertor and
runs Lily and TeX on it.  Finally you call ghostview to do the viewing.

Whether this is convenient, is another question, given the speed and
size of the tools involved.

> > [lily be]
> > modified to be much smaller, and be less dependant on other programs in

This like asking: Why can't a ferrari be much cheaper.