On Tuesday, 7 September 1999, Laurent Martelli writes:

[copied to gmd, hope that's ok: this may be of interest to other
 LilyPond developers]

>   >> To me, these are typesetting commands and should be
>   >> eliminated. Stylesheets should be used to achieve the finetuning
>   >> of typesetted output.
>
>   Jan> Sounds good.  Do you want to work on that?
>
> I'm rather busy on other projects of my own, and for which I have set
> a higher priority. But I'd willingly pay someone to do the job. I'll
> send an offer to the Free Software Bazaar
> (http://visar.csustan.edu/bazaar/bazaar.html).

Moving typesetting stuff into stylesheets would be the most important
next feature for LilyPond, then?  Because

> But it's part of things I'd like to work on one day.

I for myself feel that LilyPond has a lot of much more urgent
shortcomings that I'd better work on first?

Greetings,

Jan.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/