On Tuesday, 19 October 1999, John Sankey writes:
> "Personally, I wish you would un-hardcode it..."
>
> My apologies for the slang usage - in clear text:
> It looks ugly. Remove it. Excise it. Deprogram it.
> i.e. get totally rid of the !@#$%^&* feature
>
> :-)

Uhm.  All music and all books on engraving that I've ever seen,
have stems extended to the centre line.  That's a reason why
it was hardcoded (to compare: I've seen (gregorian) music using 4
stafflines, that's why #stafflines is not hardcoded)
What you request is new to me.

> Oh well, I'll just add noStemExtend to all my \paper blocks.
> Guess I'd better learn how to include an external file into
> them before they get as long as the music...
>
>     2
> :-)

Now that's better.  Be thankful.
:-)

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/