On 21-Oct-99 jeff covey wrote:
> wow; it's looking great, chris!  :)

Thanks!

> but won't we contributors have our names listed by the pieces we've
> submitted so we can be famous?  ;^)

I had thought about this, but adding more to the table would mean
adding another row, it would then start getting rather large! I also
don't think people browsing the archive will necessarily be that
interested in who entered the music. However for the situation you've
mentioned below it would be handy to know the maintainer's name, e-mail
and web addresses.

> seriously, for something like this:
>
>     Han-Wen> from the pavane (no opus number?)
>
> it would be good to have my name there as a link to my email address
> or homepage (in which case, it might be good to split things up into
> "maintainer", "maintainer_email", and "maintainer_url" fields) so
> that someone who has corrections and additions can bother the
> contributor instead of you.  i don't have the milan opus info handy,
> so it would be good if my contact information were there so anyone
> who does have it could send it to me.

I think what I'm going to do is split the maintainer filed up as you've
described (I'll post again and put this on the website when details
have been finalized), and then this information can go on the "extra
information" web page for each piece of music, which is linked to from
the table of music.

Is this OK with everyone?

Chris

--