Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> However, I still feel that dropping
> cygwin.dll is a non-issue, once we're in sync with the new cygnus release.

Well, yes and no.

1/ *you* may be in sync for a while but then cygwin may update again.
2/ the *user* may not like to have to download cygwin just to be in sync. There
maybe good reasons for that : if it works ain't good changing it and you know what
software development is like, when a lily *user* is also a developper on some other
scene, he has other constraints and time scales for updating might not coincide.

So I think that the dll issue is and will remain an issue unless we can find a
mechanism to use two cygwin dlls under different names or in such a fashion that
they will not colide with each other.

Best regards,
Alain.