First of all, let me say that the chord mechanism has come a long way
towards usability.  Kudos!  However, there's still a ways to go...

I was looking at the chords.ly file in 'input/test' and I noticed that lily
seems to recognize the amount of space that a chord symbol takes and
compensates for it.  It *almost* works.  Just a little more space between
the symbols that run together would make them readable as distinct entities.
Since lily seems to know how much space the chord symbols take up and is
able to compensate for them, how much harder would it be to get lily to add
just a little more space?

Also, how close is the chord mechanism to being customizable?  It looks like
a few additions to 'lily.scm' *should* do it...  Would it be possilbe in
there to specify, for example, that it should show Cmaj7/b9 instead of
Cmaj7/9- ?  Also, would there be any way of turning off things like no5
(since the ommision of a fifth from a chord usually doesn't alter its
character)?

-- Shamus