I was looking into a way to customize the chord symbol handling, and it
seems that there is no way to do this (currently).  I was looking at
'banter-chord.ly' and the chords that it says it was doing to test the
'German' way of doing it look like all the rest of the chords with their
endless parade of /no3/no5/7- tagging along (Bo7 shows up as Bm5-/7- and
Bbdim shows up as Bbm5-).  Is there any way, for instance, that I could
modify the 'chord-name.scm' file to make lily output a triad with no 3rd as
a C5 (which is very common in modern guitar literature) instead of Cno3?  Or
is the chord mechanism just not to that point yet?  If/when it is, I would
be more than happy to supply all of the appropriate Americanisms to the
project...

-- Shamus