On 25-01-13 02:50, Yawar Amin wrote:
On 2013-01-23 10:21, Derek Atkins wrote:
[...]

Once that happens we'll get svn -> gitolite -> github automatically on
every commit (modulo the up-to-60s delay in the svn -> gitolite
transfer).  Then, down the road, once we turn off svn we'll still have
the gitolite -> github auto-push in place so that the committers can
push to gitolite and it will automatically get pushed out the github.
Thanks Derek. My takeaway from this is that we (the committers) are
definitely _not_ to try to push to gitolite until the svn -> gitolite
bridge is turned off. Just as we currently don't push to GitHub.

Regards,

Yawar

That's correct.

<Pedantic> Strictly speaking you could _try_ to push but the attempt would fail due to insufficient permissions. That's because the gitolite repos are configured read-only, and will remain so as long as the svn->gitolite bridge is in use. </Pedantic>

But the point is indeed exactly that: as long as svn is in the equation, we can' t push directly to git(olite). Thanks for bringing this up, so we can state that very explicitly.

Geert