On 25-01-13 17:57, John Ralls wrote:
On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Derek Atkins <warl...@mit.edu> wrote:

Geert Janssens <janssens-ge...@telenet.be> writes:

That's correct.

<Pedantic> Strictly speaking you could _try_ to push but the attempt
would fail due to insufficient permissions. That's because the
gitolite repos are configured read-only, and will remain so as long as
the svn->gitolite bridge is in use. </Pedantic>
Yep, right now only the git-svn converter can push into gitolite.

But the point is indeed exactly that: as long as svn is in the
equation, we can' t push directly to git(olite). Thanks for bringing
this up, so we can state that very explicitly.
Just for the record, the things left to do are:

1) get gitolite to push to github -- this will require a github reset
2) convert www to use git and get gitolite to signal an update instead
   of svn
3) send emails from gitolite instead of svn
When do you want to reset Github? We should make announcements and contact the
github fork owners a few days in advance.

Regards,
John Ralls

I have just sent a similar message. I agree we should send out a message in advance.

Geert