Adrien, Laurel

I have just downloaded GnuCash 4.2 and installed it on my wife's Windows 10
box and it appears to be working OK. I checked "C:/Program
Files(X86)/gnucash/bin" and there is no "libgncmod-app-utils.dll" in that
location. I can open registers  and create new transactions without any
problems, so the problem appears not to be a general problem with GnuCash
4.2  on WIndows 10. I have not checked all functionality however.  It is
hard to understand why a Windows10 update would cause a problem locating a
dll which does not appear to exist in a working GnuCash program on Windows
10 unless the call is in an obscure part of the program and is not called
normally and is trying to access a routine that has now  been moved to
another library.  No other reports of problems with 4.2 on Windows 10 other
than the crash fault on Oct22-25 which AFAIK was fixed around Oct 25. I fear
this is one where John's expertise is likely needed

Laurel,

We will need as much detail as possible about what happens from when you try
to start GnuCash until you encounter the problem and as much detail as
possible about what you were actually doing when you encountered the problem
as per Adrien's previous post.

David

-----
David Cousens