On 13 Feb 2023, at 16:39, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net>
wrote:

> I do the same. I have general configurations saved, but anything particular
> to that solitary instance of the report, I do not save as part of the
> configuration. Those will be one-offs so no need to save them as a config,
> just run and if I want, save as a PDF.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

I find it helpful to run some year-end reports part-way through the year in
question, to answer any  how-are-we-doing-so-far enquiries, so I do save (e.g.)
a report named “Charity Gift Aid Report for 2022-2023”, but have retained its
2021-2022 predecessor for comparison. Once the Gift Aid Claim has been
completed, I’ll edit the report  and Save As “Charity Gift Aid Report for
2023-2024”. Sometimes a new account becomes necessary and can be added to the
selection reported on in 2023-2024 leaving the earlier versions intact.

The report name is constructed in three parts, to identify:

1. The Gnucash file it applies to
2. The subject of the report
3. The financial year of the report

Michael