Default User hunguponcontent,

This is probably a Wayland windowing system problem, not a GnuCash problem. On Xorg, the window is easily resizable and movable.

What have you tried besides changing the display resolution back and forth?

If you were on Xorg, I would say try these individual solutions on the Preferences window: * dragging the grabbable titlebar of the window down, then using your mouse to resize the window shorter, then dragging it up so you can see the bottom * holding down your Alt key and then click-holding your normal (left) mouse button and dragging the window with your mouse * hitting Alt+F7, then using your arrow keys to move the window and hitting Enter when you have it where you want it * hitting Alt+F8, then using your arrow keys to resize the sides of the window and hitting Enter when you have it where you want it

And then I would tell you that, if this window is appearing in the wrong place all the time, you could install and set up devilspie to fix it permanently. :)

Surely Wayland has some similar way to manipulate windows. My quick search says that shortcuts are handled by the compositor in Wayland [1]. You might get much better answers if you ask in the Gnome support channels.

Good luck!  This is a frustrating problem to have. :(

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Wayland#Input_grabbing_in_games,_remote_desktop_and_VM_windows

On 2023-06-25 03:08 PM, Default User wrote:
Hello!

I am trying to set up GnuCash:

Version: 4.13
Build ID: 4.13+(2022-12-17)
Finance::Quote: 1.54

on Debian 12 (bookworm), 64-bit, using Gnome 43.4, wayland windowing
system (not xorg).

This is a .deb package, "GnuCash Version: 1:4.13-1, Built-Using:
googletest (= 1.12.1-0.2)", from the Debian Stable repositories, NOT a
flatpak, snap, or appimage.

When I do Edit --> Preferences, the Preferences window opens, but the
bottom part is cut off.  No matter what I try, I can am not able to
resize it to fit the screen. Nor can I even move it past the top edge
of the screen.  I even tried reducing the display resolution, to no
avail.

So, is there a solution, or even a viable workaround?