On Wed, 2023-06-28 at 23:34 -0500, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 8:00 PM Default User
> <hunguponcont...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, doing Alt-F7, then moving bit by bit with the arrow keys, did
> > work to move the window up, so it can be used to edit the
> > Preferences
> > window. I thought I had tried that earlier without success, but
> > maybe I
> > just wasn't doing it "right".
> >

> Hi -- if your keyboard has a "windows" button on it (usually bottom
> row, with ctrl, alt, space bar etc) try holding that button down and
> then dragging the window. You can click anywhere in the window and
> drag it. It worked for me just now in Ubuntu 23.04, running Wayland.
>
> There are several places where GnuCash probably ought to handle lower
> resolutions, but there's a stated minimum resolution the developers
> test against, and making it "fit" lower resolutions is unlikely to be
> a very high priority. (Years ago I used to regularly run GnuCash on a
> "netbook" and there are several uncomfortable areas, especially the
> application and report preferences.)
>
> Of course the source is readily available! Maybe this will be the
> itch you yearn to scratch.
>
> > -----

Hi, Tommy!

Your suggestion to move the Preferences window by holding down the
"Windows" key while dragging the window with the mouse does work.
Thanks!

So, there are at least 3 ways to move the window:

1)  Alt-F7, then use arrows on keyboard.
2)  Alt-F7, then drag window with mouse
3)  hold down the "Windows" key while dragging the window with the
    mouse (which seems the easiest to me).

Unfortunately, I still do not know any way to resize the window to less
that the minimum dimensions set by the programmer(s).

As for resolution, the native resolution of my computer is 1920 x 1080.
That does show the whole Preferences window, but the display is just
too small to be used for anything except squinting just long enough to
edit the Preferences, and then switch the resolution back to 1360 x
768, which is the highest my eyes can really "work with".

BTW, since I am not a programmer, I can't change how a program is
coded. That's a shame, because I am just guessing that making a window
resizeable might not be that hard to do.  But of course, that's easy
for me to say . . .

Thanks again!