Which directory should config-user.scm be in?

$HOME/.local/share/gnucash
OR
$HOME/.gnucash

This is for Version 4.14, build under Linux (Ubuntu 22.04).

I am not able to tell if the file is being loaded.  From what I can tell it is
not loading config-user.scm.  This is the file name the wiki says to put user
scheme code in, but I am doubtful about that. Is this really the correct file?
I am not getting any indication that it is being loaded, not even errors...

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services