I just put each "class" of expense in its own "expense" type account. Then
when I create reports (generally at tax time), I just include or exclude
accounts I am interested or not interested in for that report.

At Wed, 9 Sep 2026 14:03:06 -0400 Robert Johnson <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Hello GNU group —
>
> Not all expenses are “equal”.  There are some that you would want 
> to designate as different from other more general expenses and then be able 
> to view them in a report along with all the other general expenses.  In 
> Quickbooks this is done by assigning a class to the particular expense and 
> running a custom summary report with class columns.  Any ideas if doable.
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [email protected]
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
>

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
Deepwoods Software        -- Custom Software Services
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Linux Administration Services
[email protected]       -- Webhosting Services

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to