Yes, I suspected others might have other uses for the column. It was only a 
pipedream.

Still, the ability to filter on it in reports couldn’t hurt!

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 9, 2026, at 6:25 PM, Liz <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> On Wed, 9 Sep 2026 18:13:09 -0400
> Paul Kroitor <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> PS: if it were up to me alone I would actually retitle / repurpose
>> the entire Number field as "Tag", since I barely ever use the number
>> field since the death of paper cheques a decade ago.
> 
> My bank gives me a number to identify each payment they are making for
> me. I put it in that space, as an easy way to determine that the
> payment has been organised on the bank's web portal.
> 
> Liz
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [email protected]
> To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to