I agree it would be nice if the report filters worked on it. (even better if the auto-fill would too!)

You can do a Find on it, but the resulting Account report then available isn't nearly as powerful as the Transaction Report.

I use Num for actual Num's when they are available, but usually use it as a time stamp to keep things in order. A family business uses it extensively for actual Num's. Reference numbers are still ubiquitous in business.

Regards,
Adrien

On 9/9/26 5:13 PM, Paul Kroitor wrote:
Just as an aside, is there any real reason why the action field can't be made to work in the report filters? It seems to me that this might be a relatively minor thing and, as you point out, would go part of the way to addressing the long-lamented lack of a class/tag/project feature in Gnucash?

P

PS: if it were up to me alone I would actually retitle / repurpose the entire Number field as "Tag", since I barely ever use the number field since the death of paper cheques a decade ago.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to