On 15 Jan 2014, at 13:26, Niels Grewe <niels.gr...@halbordnung.de> wrote:

> Yes, I imagine that would do wonders for public perception. I’ve just added
> code to the Gnome theme that loads the DBusMenu bundle if it is available and
> lets the menu server display the menu if it is available.

Apparently it's possible for a packager to select a theme and have it
automatically used via GNUstep.conf if users don't override it.  It would be
nice if that could be prominently documented somewhere (although a file that is
both user-editable and needs some default values is a disaster for packaging).
It would be great if we could have a meta-theme that would detect whether a
GNOME environment was running, load the GNOME theme if it is, or load some
other specified default otherwise, so we could have GNUstep applications
packaged with a more modern look by default.

David

-- Sent from my IBM 1620