Hi,

The Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) also welcomes
individual journal members, but despite a very low yearly fee of 90 USD
for such journals, rather few have joined. Journal of Information
Technology in Construction is one example and I've been a board member
for three years. In practice however the active members of the
association are those charging APCs.

I don't see much point in forming a new association, but rather some
form of co-operation with OASPA and with DOAJ could be useful.

DOAJ by the way includes information about wheather a journal charges an
APC or not. The majority do not. Of this majority perhaps half are old
usually society or university journals which have just made the
e-version free. Still leaves some 2000 journals which could qualify as
born OA community efforts. If any sort of list is compiled perhaps the
best way would be by tagging those journals in DOAJ which fulfil the
criteria

Bo-Christer Björk

PS all the four journals I mentioned before should qualify and there
"story" can be found in editorials and a couple of case story articles.