Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

I was saddened to note that the dance at Toronto Viva Goa was abruptly halted
by Toronto police visiting like Z Cars/Keystone cops in 50 cars to attend to a
lady who had fainted. I am sure that the public venue will have had a first
aid post or was this part of a cabaret act by a contingent of Toronto Goan
Policemen heading for a ball. In Bombay a lathi charge could be expected, in
Goa one heafty policeman would handle the situation while in London it was
normal to do the Police a favour and beat yourself up, thankfully all this is
so last century.Our festivals should nd do attract folk to be happy and leave
happier. As the Church welcomes all people it does not matter if your car
stereo is worth more than your car or your property is huge who cares when the
bar makes a killing for 300ml  beer at dollars 4.50  taking the feel good
factor out of people and with a reported six thousand people attending a lady
was left all on her own to fend for herself.

Thanks to Volounteers who ran the  unique Goa Festival  in London -Croydon
facilitated by the Goan Association UK  the entrance was as low as GBP2.00 a
head with Children under 11 Free, Car parking for the whole day was GBP2.00
bringing in revenue to pay for the hire of the grounds,marquees and various
services.Beer was also priced at GBP1.50 for a 300ml can keeping the feel good
factor and a credit to  the calibire of our community attending from long
distances for a trouble free event.This London  Goan festival could go
commercial and attract the general public with attendances of over ten
thousand people with entrance charges at scale of GBP15 or more, this would
then lose our Goan flavour at the festival and need a full weekend Three
cheers to the Toronto organisers in the managing of six thousand people.

We appoint guest managers who like blotting paper to ink deal with
dishonourable people and incidents before any Police action. To put the
record straight Gabe Menezes mentions an incident that took place some three
years ago in the car park after closing time that provoked a member to
intervene, the police who were called by the non members attended and threw
out the case, the committee had no involvement in this matter

Melvyn Fernandes
Health and Safety DUTY
Goan Festival uk