Mario Miranda Festival, July 24-26,  2008 Old GMC Building, Panjim.  June 24,
4.30 pm Children's Day (with Bookworm). June 25, 5 pm Mario's medium analyzed.
Short films on Mario. Featuring the first public appearance in Goa by Amruta
Patil, graphic novelist and Goa Art College graduate.  Her recent graphic
novel, 'Kari' (Harper Collins) earned wide acclaim. July 26, original play by
the Mustard Seeds Arts Company (5pm)

* * *

2008 Goan International
convention currently on at Mississauga University of
Toronto (UTM), July 23-27, 2008.
http://2008goanconvention.com/index.php

Right said Fred! My 1st reaction to this news was, how much money is there in
Chess for the politicians? Was wondering if Sameer Salgaocar has ever played
Chess at the competitive level. I guess Mr. Salgaocar wanted to show that he
was the boss!

Looking at the current state of Indian sports like Hockey and Football,
politicians
have to be disqualified from even competing for these offices. Had they
managed these with passion for the game, it would have been okay.
They only look at lining their pockets.

I hope that Mr. Barve is able to get his livelihood back. With all the laurels
that young
Goans like Ivana have brought to the state, Chess seems to have gained a good
foothold.
If an accomplished Chess teacher is silenced because he complained about
inadequate
money for coaches, it is a shame.

Naguesh

> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:24:59 +0530> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> goanet@lists.goanet.org> Subject: Re: [Goanet] Re.: Sameer Salgaocar has
> thrown me out of CHESS> It is also perhaps time we looked at the role
> politicians have played> in sport... in destroying all kinds of sports in
> Goa. FN>
                     **** http://www.GOANET.org ****

                    Tri Continental Film Festival 2008
                           July 25 - 30, 2008
                               Goa, India

              http://www.moviesgoa.org/page/tri_continental/
            http://www.moviesgoa.org/tricon/schedule_2008.pdf

  • ... Francis Rodrigues
    • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या
      • ... Naguesh Bhatcar
    • ... Samir Kelekar
      • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या
        • ... Samir Kelekar
    • ... SHRIKANT BARVE
      • ... J. Colaco < jc>