From: Samir Kelekar <samir_kele...@yahoo.com>
To: Goanet <goanet@lists.goanet.org>
Subject: [Goanet] Samir and his problems with Rajan's citizenship

>Samir,

>Your attacks on Rajan are getting a bit tiring now.

*Take a good break, refresh yourself and be prepared for more.
?Let me tell you you have seen nothing yet.
There is more to come.*

Response:

Your detailed response about MARG was good and I was prepared to accept your
word on it. Then you had to go and spoil it and show to the whole goanet
that education does not always work.

You have asked me about my citizenship and you have also asserted that I do
not understand anything about citizenship. So read this slowly and carefully
and you might pick up one or two problems with this notion of citizenship
that you have in your head:

I hold Indian citizenship.
I am not allowed to vote in Panchayat, State assembly or Parliamentary
elections in India although Manmohan Singh has promised to change this by
next election.
I am on the registered voters' list for UK council as well as parliamentary
elections and also for European parliamentary elections. I believe in
democracy. So, I have voted in most of the elections for these bodies since
1982.

*Now tell me what do you do there sitting in UK except perhaps
increase your bank balance ?

*Your life seems to revolve around people making money. Are you in some sort
of financial difficulty? Just the way goanetters pitched in when you were
summoned to the floor of the assembly, we can start an appeal for help. For
your information, I have been increasing my bank balance while keeping my
Indian citizenship.

Here in the UK, I work as a surgeon and help a lot of people who come to
consult me.

* Why did you vamoos from Goa?
The public would like to know.
*This is what turned up on google

*vamoos* - 1 definition - To tell someone to go away, because that person
was dwarfing you big-time.

If I follow this definition, I can tell you that there were quite a few
people who told me not leave Goa. I left Goa and India because despite being
a gold medalist of Bombay university, I could not get a postgraduate seat in
Bombay and in goa, there was no possibility of getting good surgical
experience because the procedures carried out at the GMC were very limited
and so was the experience of the surgeons who were our teachers. I can
explain this in more detail if you are interested.
*
*Lastly, all the foul language you have used in your post: I believe your
father has tried to give you good education. You wrote in your post that
your father lives like a sage. What will he think if he reads your posts?
Was it a problem with your upbringing or the influence of Deve Gauda that
made you respond to my civil queries with that sort of language?

When you respond to this post, please try to be civil.

Anil Desai