                    ***   Follow Goanet on Twitter   ***

                          http://twitter.com/goanet

Samir Kelekar wrote:

Anil Desai rambles about MARG.

Response:

This was a gem of a response from Samir. He claims that I ramble about MARG
and then writes eight paragraphs of, you guessed it, ramble. Instead, he
could have answered some of the simple points I raised.

Samir claimed that road deaths in goa have been reduced and he probably
wanted to give credit to MARG. As I pointed out, the taxpayers of Goa pay a
lot of maney to have traffic police whose job it is to make sure that
accidents are reduced and as a consequence deaths on the roads are reduced.
Besides, as Bosco pointed out, other people like Roland Martins are also
working in this area.

I pointed out in the last post that road related deaths were 222 in 2202,
260 in 2003 and have been over 300 in each of the last three years. So, can
Samir now explain his contention that road deaths have been reduced.

The second point I made was about corruption, perceived or real. MARG claims
to be a NGO. If it is a NGO, how can they appoint a serving chief minister
as one of their office bearer?

The third point was a so-called NGO getting hundreds of thousands of Rupees
from a state that has a debt burden of over 50000 crores and rising. So, my
posts are about corruption, perceived or real.

Over to you Samir. This time try not to ramble.

Anil Desai