generics would greatly improve code reuse for many algorithms- this one
fact alone trumps all opposition. In fact, go's builtin container types
have generics-like functionality already. Imagine arrays, slices, maps
without this functionality- exactly, enough said. the arguments against
generics are mind-numbing.

with that said, the best approach for those seeking generics in go is to
produce preprocessers chained with the existing go tools, and wrapping that
chain in a new toolset. this approach would reduce the effort needed to
produce and maintain this new toolset. Most of the useful generic-like
functionality is easily produced at compile time. I doubt there would be
any benefit pushing generics into the language proper.

I'd also like to think generics could be introduced very similar to the how
unsafe is designed- as a compiler feature.