Rather than going with the nuclear option, imho, I'd be happy to continue
running it if the Go team backs out of it and / ir other moderators. I'll make
it clear it's unofficial and so on.

Maybe we should consider upgrading golang.org to a more useful website?
Includes a list of meetups, maybe even suggest it based on geoip, add some more
blog posts, be it from the team or guest posts, show cases from the community,
success stories and so on?

We have a forum, https://forum.golangbridge.org, which can be use to replace
the sub-reddit as well as a Slack team and an IRC channel. Make them more
visibile on golang.org and encourage people to use any of them.