On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Matt Joiner <anacro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't believe technical forum moderators should be abusing their
> position to project their ethical standpoints onto users. If users don't
> like Reddit, they can just not participate. If the moderators don't like
> it, step down.

The question is what to do with /r/golang when all moderators of it want to
leave.

I don't think we want an unmaintained /r/golang that looks to be an
official Go space.

When /r/news had drama and people split off, /r/uncensorednews started off
okay for a second and then turned into a clusterf*ck.

I don't want /r/golang to turn into crap while looking like it's official.

So I'd prefer /r/golang become dormant and users go to wherever they like,
be it the Go Forum, voat, or /r/unofficialgolang. Or we find an open source
Reddit clone and run an instance for just Go. There are many things I like
about the Reddit voting & thread model & UI over, say, the Go Forum.

Nothing will happen immediately, but it's clear that we now need a plan for
what to do with /r/golang.