> The question is what to do with /r/golang when all moderators of it want to
> leave.

 /r/golang was founded by a non Googler, non Go team member. The subreddit was
fine before you guys took over. It'll be fine if you leave. There is a pretty
clear precedent set by the Go project for community guidelines. I do no think
it is fair to assume the subreddit will turn into a cesspool without you.

> I don't think we want an unmaintained /r/golang that looks to be an official
> Go space.

I'm not sure what this means. What about /r/golang right now makes it look like
an "official Go space"?

> I don't want /r/golang to turn into crap while looking like it's official.

Then continue moderating it your way. And it is quite disrespectful to assume
the /r/golang community will turn to crap without you.

> So I'd prefer /r/golang become dormant and users go to wherever they like, be
> it the Go Forum, voat, or /r/unofficialgolang. Or we find an open source
> Reddit clone and run an instance for just Go. There are many things I like
> about the Reddit voting & thread model & UI over, say, the Go Forum.

Closing down this community because of your own personal beliefs is a dick
move. If you want to voice your personal opinion, that's cool. Close your
account, turn on adblock, do whatever. But killing an entire community to make
your point is even worse than what you are protesting.

> Nothing will happen immediately, but it's clear that we now need a plan for
> what to do with /r/golang.

If you feel so strongly that you can no longer moderate our community, then
please hand the keys to someone who will.