Yes, the CEO did a really shitty thing.  If we burned down the website of
every company where someone in power did something shitty, we'd have no
websites left.

If you don't want to moderate, step down.  Let the current moderators
choose replacements.  If you want to maintain the ability to shut it down
if it becomes a cesspool, then just don't go to r/golang unless you hear
it's going south and nuke it when it is going down. It doesn't feel like a
cesspool right now, to me.  Maybe moderators see a lot more of that, I
don't know.  I highly doubt the CEO of reddit is going to go slumming in
r/golang and edit our posts about yet another web framework or why go
should really have tagged unions.

Reddit is an incredibly useful resource that has a very large userbase to
leverage with a familiar interface for a ton of people.  If you want to
makes something better, by all means make something better.  But don't
drive our bus into a lake without finding alternate transportation for
everyone currently riding.

Make another official site that isn't an abandonware mailing list, give it
official status, *make the go team be active there,* and I'm sure people
will flock to it.