I am glad you are discussing this here instead of privately with the
mods...which in my mind would have been as regrettable as what /u/spez did.
One reason I like Reddit is that it offers an independent power structure
to the cliques that can emerge through official channels. If an alternative
is desired, it should also be independent of golang.org so we have a forum
where self-selected groups don't hold any special power. Frankly
gopheracademy doesn't seem appropriate...I would prefer a service where we
all start off with zero karma.