Without apologies, I am linking to the official Google survey... LOL

What changes would improve Go most ?
    #1. 572 (16%) generics

(https://blog.golang.org/survey2016-results)

Whoops ;)

So you mean that 16% of us are so stupid we don't want to copy paste the
code and adjust it, or use slowinterfaces ?

Btw, just a silly question, but I wrongly assumed that a direct call to
instantiated type-specific code was much faster than an indirect call to an
interface.

So you mean that  the following code is much faster than type-specific
code, right, and therefore this is the adviced way to format variables ?

var i interface{} = 23
fmt.Printf("%v\n", i)

(https://golang.org/pkg/fmt/)

OMG, that's really great, thanks !!! Because it was quite error prone to
copy-paste the repeated code and adjust it manually. Thank you so much, you
made my day :)

I was so stupid, thanks for showing my the right way to optimize reused
code.

Without apologies, I am linking to a post I wrote seconds ago regarding