If you’ve suffered through bad code due to exceptions, you would just be
trading one ill for another. Exception handling when properly done is
beautiful. Yes, a lot of people get it wrong, but they would probably get a lot
of other things wrong as well. At least with exceptions, you have a stack trace
- usually - :) - to help you figure out what they did wrong.