Hey everybody,

I just wanted to give an update about this issue. We've changed resource
allocation for our Java developers, which should result in much less app
evictions. Some of you may have already noticed an improvement. I've already
received several encouraging messages from developers who are experiencing
less timeouts, less cold startups, and even one message about less Memcache
evictions (though this may be one of those correlation != causation
things)!

While I'm fairly confident this change is beneficial to our developers, I'd
like to ask for any updates from the community about how their applications
are performing now. If your application is receiving one request an hour,
you'll probably still be subject to evictions, but if you are getting a
reasonable rate, you should be doing much better. Please take the time to
report on this thread or directly to me if you like how your application is
performing now.

One more request: I'd like to ask those of you who have added cron pingers
to remove them if it is feasible. The pingers have the unfortunate effect of
skewing our instrumentation. If you're running a pinger, our measurements
may indicate that your application is cycling at a healthy rate when it is
clearly not.

Thanks to all the developers that took the time to help me collect data. It
really was a huge help!

--
Ikai Lan
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/app_engine