Hello,
 I have similar problem. Here are my application details:

- What is your application ID?
  Application ID: cmsevobg

- How do you know it is being cycled out? You'll need to insert some code that only gets called when the app cold starts. I have a ServletContextListener that is logging "ContextInitialized" as an info message.

- How much time of inactivity does it take before your application is cycled out?
  1-3 mins and sometimes shortly

- What time or days does this seem to happen?
  Permanently

- What frameworks or libraries are you loading?
  Server side libraries: Google Guice, warp-persist , Gson
  Client Side: GWT, GIN

- Other Information
Currently application has a ping servlet and we are pinging it to keep application up. Today we made a test to stop it and it seems that application is forced to sleep after 1-3 minutes.

Note that same code of my application was deployed and on evobgadm and it seems that is working correctly. It would be really nice if this could be fixed, cause currently I can't import my existing data from cmsevobg into evobgadm or some any other application due the fact that bulkloader is throwing me some strange exceptions.

Regards,
 Miroslav

Ikai Lan wrote:
Hey everybody,

We've been seeing more and more reports of applications being cycled out overly aggressively, resulting in some folks implementing (discouraged) workarounds to keep their application from being cycled out. The primary symptom of this problem is that your application will see lots of "loading requests" that fire up a new JVM, which, as many of you know can take anywhere from a few seconds with naked servlets to as much as twenty seconds when loading something like Spring MVC, JRuby on Rails or Grails.

In theory, there is enough capacity such that as long as you get some traffic every few hours, you should not be getting cycled out, but we have been seeing reports of applications being cycled after only a minute or less. To help us figure out if these are app specific issues or App Engine issues, can you post the following information if you believe this is happening to you?

- What is your application ID?
- How do you know it is being cycled out? You'll need to insert some code that only gets called when the app cold starts. - How much time of inactivity does it take before your application is cycled out?
- What time or days does this seem to happen?
- What frameworks or libraries are you loading?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful.

--
Ikai Lan

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google App Engine for Java" group. To post to this group, send email to google-appengine-j...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-appengine-java+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java?hl=en.