I don't know of any. You could try a search for a cheap VPS. I like
Slicehost and Linode for these sorts of things, but the smallest plans
are $20 a month and you'll have to configure your own stack.

I understand your disappointment, but we do document very clearly that
App Engine is built for web applications with support for email and
XMPP. Our goal is to try to do as much as we can within this domain,
and it's not apparent that allow raw socket access fits into this plan
(web sockets and long-polling definitely do, but they are not what you
are looking for here).

Ikai Lan
http://googleappengine.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/app_engine